A cat in Wisconsin, saved her human family by pawing at them when they were feeling sleepy and got them out of the house. First responders did a test and revealed that the house had a dangerous level of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Hero cat named Grace saved couple from carbon monoxide poisoning

Kevin and Annette Shanahan are lucky to be alive.

One night last month Annette, of Reedsburg, Wisconsin, woke up in tremendous pain.

“I had gotten up because I thought I was having a heart attack,” she told ABC News. “You’re so fuzzy you can’t make a reasonable thought. So I had gotten up and gotten to the chair in the bedroom and I thought I was going to die. I wasn’t in the presence of mind to even tell my husband.”

Their cat Grace, or Gracie as they’ve affectionately nicknamed their 8-year-old Maine Coon mix, began rattling their bedroom door with her paw.

Annette said she had fallen asleep in the chair and only woke up because of her persistent kitty.

“Gracie started pounding at the door. Pounding loud. She was reall… Continue Reading

Source: https://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/hero-cat-named-grace-saved-couple-carbon-monoxide/story?id=46169752

Advertisement